My word for 2018:
My Choice

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mindful writing prompt #39: Rejuvenate, and Sharing Thursday: Pause

I have decided to combine these two prompts into
Rejuvenating Pause.

I try to get out on a photo walk as often as possible. These walks keep me alert and mindful, as I constantly scan my surroundings for photo opportunities. I feel rejuvenated both by the walk itself, and by the satisfaction of knowing I got some good shots. 
With the weather we've had lately, I started thinking that if it keeps up, I'm going to need a water proof camera. But last weekend the sky cleared and the sun came out. 

I love macro photography. Crawling on my hands and knees, getting really "down to earth", into the grass and moss. There's a miniature world there, and with the added bonus of dew drops and sunshine you can't go wrong. 
I pause, and perform acrobatics while really concentrating on keeping myself and the camera still. It's too low down even for my smallest tripod, and the grass is too wet to rest the camera in it. 


TIny cobwebs, only 1 centimeter/0.39 inches across, making the dew drops only about 1 millimeter/0.039 inches.


Nearby, I met the architect. She was too busy to stop and pose, so I had to snap a shot as she rushed by.


Higher up in the world, in bushes and trees, small tender green leaves are appearing.


Then, to end the day, another pause while watching a glorious sunset.


How could you not feel rejuvenated from pausing like this?

* * *
both on 


5 comments:

teri said...

You make me smile. I found myself on the ground on Monday afternoon- closely photographing a bunch of purple hyacinths. NOT as close as your lovely lens allows- What great shots! And how perfectly it ties in with the pausing and rejuvenation! xo teri

Leovi said...

Wow, delicious photos and I especially love the light in those drops of water, excellent frames.

HansHB said...

Flotte bilde. "Himmel" - bildet var veldig godt og et flott innlegg til SkyWatch!
Ha ei flott helg!

Freya Pickard said...

Absolutely love your macro shots. I'm new to photography and would love to take photos like this! I have a macro lense but am still learning how to use it. The drops and the leaf tips are just beautiful. You're right, I felt rejuvenated just reading your words and looking at your pictures... Thank you!

Freya Pickard said...

Absolutely love your macro shots. I'm new to photography and would love to take photos like this! I have a macro lense but am still learning how to use it. The drops and the leaf tips are just beautiful. You're right, I felt rejuvenated just reading your words and looking at your pictures... Thank you!